It’s Show #27. I’m pleased to share my latest my interview with YOUR
Amazing hosts and metaphysical moms
Tiffanie Williams and Kerry Walker
on the Joy Ride Show!
We discuss life, death and how to explore the through hypnosis.
Enjoy the ride!!!
“In this moment, there is plenty of time.
In this moment, you are precisely as you should be.
So what the heck is mindful hypnotherapy anyhow?
You are a person. You are also a human being… the operative word here is BEing. You BE baby. You exist. So what!? It means that you not only have a body that moves and responds to the neurological impulses of thought-in-brain to body response; it also means that you have an electromagnetic energy field that surrounds and permeates your physical body. This energy field is the greater you. And comprises the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual you.
On to mindfulness… number 1, it’s EASY and 2, it’ll change your life!
Mindfulness is a practice, a way of living your life through awareness. The act of noticing and letting that noticing thoughts, emotion, images or sensation taking place in your mindbody complex. It’s the act of tuning into each moment with openness; without judgement.
To be with what is entering into the field of awareness. This seemingly simple act, is something we humans rarely do in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives.
Being mindful can happen anywhere; as you lay in bed on a weekend morning; while you are stuck in traffic; while you are on hold waiting for your insurance adjuster.
So why would a person want to do such a thing?
A person may not, but being human, you have the capacity, the capability to access vast universes of depth and meaning contained within you. All you need do is notice.
Mindfulness begins with a decision to tune in. When that happens there is a pause, then a pivot. A pivot to the breath.
With each slow and deep inhale and exhale is when the act of being mindful happens. Your breath provides a an entry point into the current moment. Noticing this moment through the breath is you accessing your consciousness. Meaning, you are becoming aware of what would typically be your unconscious experience. You’re literally shifting from unawareness into awareness.
Why is this a good thing?
It’s a good thing because it enables you to witness the thoughts, feelings and emotions and images flowing through you as little data points. Little bits of data that when taken in totality have been woven into a story by the intellect or mental mind. whether true or untrue. The noticing of these data points, allow us to soften and be with things that previously were too uncomfortable to sit with. From Explosive Anger, Relationship Anxiety, Stress, Worry, Physical Pain, Emotional Pain, Existential Pain, Traumatic Memories to anything under the sun that holds you at bey from a life of health and happiness.
Being with these experiences initiates a strengthening that leads to greater insight and resilience.
By adding mindful noticing to your life, the quality of your life will shift. Here are some of the things that can happen.
- You will start to open to your innate wisdom.
- Your inner center point will strengthen.
- You will strengthen your inner resourcefulness.
- You will build trust with your intuition.
- Your waking life will become more magical.
- Your dream time will become more colorful and meaningful.
- Your B.S. detector will become more fine-tuned.
- There will be more synchronicities and “signs” that will show up and these are all good things.
- You will trust yourself more.
- You will become more successful
- You will develop healthier boundaries in your relationships
- You will have more joy and optimism in your day to day life.
Join me for my Mind Yoga class Deconstructing Stress! Find the sign up on the Yoga Garden PBO website!
Some may find it hard to believe that we as human beings have unlimited potential. And what does this really mean anyway? What this means to me as a hypnotherapist, healer and life coach is that we people tend to get stuck focusing on the things we observe every day. This can have negative consequences if we tend to notice things that induce fear, stress, and validations that the world is going to hell in a hand basket!
In the work I do, I see people who are stuck in a feed back loop of negativity. This tends to impact people on all levels: Work, Family, Love and Finances. So how does a person change their life and launch into the stratosphere?
My goal in my work is to let people know that they are more than the sum of their personal narrative; their story. Remember, if you accept that you are what you think, and you’re telling yourself that “I’ll never amount to anything” or ” I am just not happy-go-lucky” then chances are pretty good that you are having difficulty achieving your goals successfully, or that you tend to be a little on the gloomy side. You are the creator of that reality! The good news is, if you’ve found yourself in my office, or reading this blog, there is a pretty good chance that you might be (at least slightly) open to a new narrative. A story that is more appropriate for your new, more optimistic personal narrative. One that might even include being open to a nice helping of smiles and happiness! I mean, shoot for the moon!
There is no limit to the fun and success we can get out of life when we learn how to become empowered in our thoughts.
I am a practical kind of gal. Being a light worker, a working professional, mother, wife and friend to many, I have a busy schedule, and I try to figure out ways to artfully weave the essential practices that simplify and most greatly assist me in my life’s work. Meditation has been a huge alignment tool for me. I’ve never been an ace at meditating, but I KNOW that the clarity of my guidance in my role here in the physical realm is greatly assisted by quieting my mind chatter and connecting with my highest self and spirit support. This connection allows whatever is meant to come through to flow more freely.
As you have likely noticed, there is a LOT of information about shifting energies out there. I read the energy forecasts and reports voraciously as they help validate what it is that I am going through as a human being evolving into my infinite potential. I have noticed that in this shifting time where the paradigms are falling away, there is an increase in the spirit tourists passing through on their way “home”. To put it another way, as souls are leaving due to death or release from lower density energies, there can tend to be some confusion about what is happening and how to proceed. “Hey, what’s happening here? Am I dead? Who is this shiny sparkling being sitting here glowing like a rainbow?” This might be what these beings say to themselves as they pass by you. Wouldn’t you want to stop and take a peek?
As light workers with increasing capacities of light, we are attractive to beings that are “passing through”. These little window shoppers appear as little faces or eyes peeking in to our energetic space. It can be startling to see a pair of confused spirit eyes popping in for a look-see while we are having a peaceful moment of mindfulness. If this is something that is happening in your meditations, dream state, or even awake state, know that you are NOT alone. This is happening to many of us.
Here are are some tips that I’ve found helpful.
It is important to stay out of fear when having these experiences. It may seem like a tall order when some of the beings peeking in look a little creepy or mischievous, but they just need a little assistance, crowd control, really. Fear will only exacerbate the situation and create a thread of energetic resonance between you and that being, which you don’t want.
Here are suggestions for handling the curious ones.
- Intention Setting – First decide what your intention is before you: meditate, sleep and wake up for the day. Decide how you want the meditation session, healing session or dream session to go. This will have an enormous impact on the expansion you experience in your light work.
- Before meditation – Be sure the space you meditate in has a great feeling to it. Smudging the area with sage, bringing in your favorite crystals, and lighting candles will create a great vibe for your space.
- As you begin to meditate. Be sure to sit with a straight back. Laying down is preferred by some, having your spinal column stacked, straight and strong will enable you to be more of a clear conduit and in more physical alignment with your body.
- Your energy field. Set and balance your auric space by bringing in white and/or golden light. Set your intention by bringing in your guides, angels, archangels and/or the ascended master you feel the greatest connection with.
- Once you sense, see, hear or experience the onlooker, acknowledge that you are aware of the being’s presence. There is no need to be afraid just notice, as if you were noticing a person on a crowded bus.
- Communicate that this is your space.
- Let them know that they are not welcome in your space – setting boundaries is an important skill in any human endeavor.
- Communicate that they are in spirit form and not in a physical body, and they have loved ones who are waiting for them. Let them know that they can go to the light. They may not want to go to the dark – imagine a deep sea animal’s soul going to the light – they might prefer the dark and that is okay too.
- Ask your ascended master to assist you in escorting the being to the vibration that is most appropriate for this being. Allow this to take place.
- Repeat as many times is necessary.
Like any practice, it becomes easier the more it’s done. If you find yourself struggling with fear, it helps to remember that you are not alone. Utilize your spirit assistance by asking your “team” to help you stay out of fear, which is what they are there to do, help YOU.
This is a simple tool that can be used and altered as is appropriate for you. This is just meant to be one more tool to add to your light worker tool kit. My hope is that we amazing humans learn to trust that we have what it takes to assist in this powerful time of transition into the golden age.
We all have latent parts of our personality that reflect the wounds we carry inside. Sometimes we’re aware of the wounds, sometimes we are made aware of them when we behave differently that we intend.
Wounds can come from difficult experiences in this life; they can be inherited and carried ancestrally through the physical, mental and emotional bodies as energetic artifacts of our lineage; they can also come from past life injuries carried as wounds on a soul level.
These wounds are not meant to further injure or to create suffering for past misdeeds, they are instead a flag along the path of a lifetime that offer healing opportunities in the current life. Like any opportunity, it can be taken or passed up.
You are not bad if you have these old negative patterns that show up in your life. It’s perfectly natural to all human beings, because on a soul level, we’re coming to this planet to have the experience of being human; to expand our understanding of living life through the vehicle of the physical body. Growing our collective understanding, creates expansion and growth.
Lately, the experience of surfacing or re-surfacing wounds has forced us all to look at our own stuff. It’s right in our faces and difficult to ignore in the way that may have been easier in the past. This is a healing opportunity. You can take it, or walk the other way. You can face it head on, or gradually. Sometimes the intensity with which these old wounds are showing up are intense and life changing. They can throw off our equilibrium and cast us into a place of fright or flight.
When we have new or old traumas that knock us off balance, it’s important to change tactics from our typical hustle and bustle. Routines that uplift you are important, and in the midst of a wound surge, choosing a strategy that allows you come into full acknowledgement and awareness of the event will be your best course of action. In other words, become nimble, flexible and able to pivot quickly.
When facing a shocking or life threatening experience there are those of us that freeze in a state of panic, shock and disbelief, and then there are the ones that just go into survival auto pilot and start thinking on their feet. I remember once reading that the greatest predictor of surviving a disaster is the ability to accept that something has happened, and start making the choices that will save your life.
We humans have a long history of mind blowing resilience and adaptability. What makes resilience possible is being nimble in the mind. Cultivating the ability to think on our feet is an innate gift and powerful soul evolving tool. Like building strength in the body, we can increase our ability to strengthen our internal resilience and ability to pivot and adapt.
Transpersonal hypnotherapy is in essence resilience training for the mind. There are a number of other positive benefits such as increasing: self sovereignty, better boundaries with the physical or non-physical realms, better intuition, inner balance, and mind body spirit wellness to name a few.
The bubbling up of old wounds feels crappy to everyone. No one is exempt. It feels so bad because the toxicity that’s rising up in us is something that was below the surface of awareness, and is now present as negative sensations in the felt experience. This negatively felt experience is your souls signal to pay attention to what is coming up. It’s our inner beings way to shake what’s ready to be released to the surface of the physical, mental, emotional and/or spiritual bodies, wave that flag to our conscious awareness to notice it, once done, a healing opportunity presents itself.
You can choose to take that healing journey, or try to bypass it in some way. Many of you may have already figured out that bypassing is not the same as going through the journey. The best thing to do is to go through it with the understanding that healing and freedom from that is gained by going through, not around. However, the choice is yours. As an infinite soul being, the rate at which you go through your old wounds will be unique to you.
Because this wound detox is a natural part of humans’ evolving consciousness, you can trust that evolution is happening. It’s simply a matter of deciding whether or not you want to go fast, medium or slow. You get to go through it at your pace. You need not to judge or compare your rate of evolution with others. To compare your rate of growth would be like focusing on one data point in an infinite number of datapoint of your souls experience missing the overall bigger picture. Like, missing the forest for the trees.
Your soul wants and supports your consciousness’s evolution. It also knows that it IS happening. It helps to trust in your always connected divine self and support. Your soul has all the info it needs to support you, and when you open to consult with your soul wisdom, you will be guided in ways that improve your life. You are not here living as a human to ‘go it alone’. Nope. You’ve got teams and legions of non-physical support here. The divine realm celebrates and honors the deep sacrifices and challenges required of you in this physical adventure. Your consciousness and a nimble mind are fast ways to access that support. We can forget that on a human level since life here on Earth can be a bit, well, messy. One of my purposes is to be a steadfast advocate
for us to remember that fact.
What I love about becoming more mind nimble is it’s fast, doesn’t require a massive lifestyle change. All that’s needed is a willingness to address wounds as they come up and move through them.
An incentive to do this is you’ll move through the quagmires of life more quickly while strengthening your level of resilience in life.
Here is a 10 step process for moving more nimbly through the emergence of an old wound.
- Acknowledge that you are having this sensation, feeling or experience, and become present and observe what you notice while breathing.
- Stay with it. This is when you’ll notice the urge to check-out, and dissociate from the discomfort of being present with this experience. Decide to trust that you have the courage to get through this temporary experience.
- Return your awareness to the sensation in the body that corresponds with the wound. It might feel like pain, tension, tightness, perhaps heaviness. Notice where in your body the sensation is.
- Let you imagination create a shape and color for this sensation in as if you could telepathically communicate with it.
- Do your best to be in the experience as it’s unfolding.
- Allow yourself to communicate telepathically with the wound. Ask the sensation, “What does it need at this moment?”
- Open to receive the answer telepathically. It can be an image, sensation, download of understanding, healing light, sound.
- Observe the healing process taking place. Stay present with what you’re noticing.
- Stay with it until it ‘feels” complete.
- Repeat as needed.
Releasing our wounding comes in layers. It is important to be patient and kind with yourself as the human collective traverses the unfolding of this wild and truly awesome journey of life as human beings on glorious planet.
Affirmation: I am open to love, to growth and to the light of my soul.